Monday, April 30, 2012

Jumping on the bed

The early years: "Daddy, look at what I can do!" I was so excited that I could jump from one side of the bed to the other at the age of ONLY 4! But of course I hurt myself the time I asked my dad to come and watch me. I think I was an over achiever.. When I started to jump, I jumped too far and hit the top, middle part of my gums of my mouth on the metal bed frame. Yes.. it hurt, but what 4 year old doesn't get a battle wound every once in a while? Little did I know that this could have been ONE of the many possible causes of my condition to come 9 years down the road.

Later down the road: At some point between the age of 13 & 17 (these past four years have been a blur), in one of my several visits to the doctor's office, I was asked if I had any direct impacts to my head when I was a child. No, the doctor did not think that this is what caused my scoliosis, but he did say that it could be a possible cause. The actual cause of scoliosis is still not known, but a direct impact to the head has been considered.

Next Post: Want to know about another event that occurred in 2005, when I was 10? It's another possible cause of my scoliosis that was to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment