Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sharp Pains

About a month after the car wreck, while at the daddy-daughter retreat, my dad and I were playing miniature golf. Suddenly I had to stop myself as I felt an extremely sharp pain in my chest. I can't explain the exact feeling, but maybe this description could help... It felt a though someone took a knife to my chest and stabbed me over and over, or possibly it felt like a lightning strike in my sternum. I had to stop playing mini golf for about two minute, but then I started up again. I definitely thought it to be strange, but didn't take it too seriously. The time I did have to take it seriously was when I sat down for the first time while I was in the middle of a soccer game, for pain. I have a very high pain tolerance, so when it comes to stopping a soccer game for my pain, it's something to worry about. The reason for my sitting down was because I felt like I couldn't breathe, and once again, that sharp pain struck my chest. My family and I took our weekly visit to the chiropractor, and my doctor said I must have a rib head out of place. He adjusted me, and I felt better... I really did, but nevertheless the pain came back a few weeks later. I continued to get adjustments, and finally my chest pains went down to about three times a month. This pain became normal for me, and I began to get used to it and ignore the pain when I could. It's a shame really when someone has to get used to a pain, but if that's what needs to be done, then so be it...

Next time... The Move to Colorado in the summer of 2006

1 comment:

  1. ALL Need To See My Documented Proof!!! Scoliosis is Caused from an INJURY!!! Creating a "Hidden Tension" Than Then Pulls The Spine Into An Angle. ALL So Stupidly Simple!!!
    ALL Need To Read My Book: WWW.SCOLIOSISPREVENTION,ORG

    ReplyDelete